Swinburne Anime & Manga Society (SAMS) was created in September 2006 to provide Swinburne students with means to share and enjoy the passion for Anime and Manga, including related cultural fields, hobbies and activities deemed fit by the Club, together with their peers. E.g., Cosplay.
- ‘Anime‘ is defined as animation using distinctive characteristics, style and background aesthetics originating from Japan.
- ‘Manga‘ is defined as comics using distinctive characteristics, style and background aesthetics originating from Japan.
- ‘GAEMS‘ is actually games, just an internet-lingo way of typing it out. Gaming allows us to improve our reaction, increase mental capability and have great fun while doing so.
The objectives of SAMS are to:
- Build up a healthy interest towards anime, manga.
- Encourage the appreciation of anime and manga as a form of art and literature.
- Correct any misconception towards anime and manga.
- Expose members to the Japanese language, lifestyle, culture and traditions.
- Provide time and opportunities for members to relax and bond with one another.
- Equip members with an initiative for self improvement.
- To have fun and help relieve stress from assignments/exams and daily life.
Past activities and events organized by SAMS :
- Weekly General Meeting(s)
- Movie Night 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
- Orientation Day Exhibition
- Gundam Workshop
- Watermelon Smashing 07, 11
- Nagashi Soumen/Soumen Party 08
- Dango Making 08, 10
- Beach Bash
- Stepmania Competition 07
- Kuching City Day Parade 07
- 1st Anniversary@Rakutei 07
- Anniversay Dinner 08, 09, 10
- Chibi Con 08
- Anime Gathering 07, 08, 09
- Bento Making 09, 10
- Leech Party 09, 10, 11
- Maid Cafe 11
Future events/activities will be even more exciting, fun and fantastic~!
Participated events :
- Swin Nite 2007
- Mooncake Festival
- Spring Charity Fashion Show
- Kuching Autistic Association (KAA) 09
- Toy Fair @ tHe Spring 08
- Earthquake Charity @ tHe Spring
- SwinCarnival 10, 11, 12, 13
Originally typed by: Serene
Edited by: Daigo
Note: Gaming is currently in testing phase right now.